This week Natasha Mascarenhas, Danny Crichton and your humble servant gathered to discuss thru numerous rounds and enterprise capital info on your enjoyment. As a programming label, I’m off next week successfully, so look Natasha to lead on Equity Monday after which both her and Danny to rock the Thursday expose. I will miss all people.
However onto the expose itself, right here’s what we got into:
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
- Zoom’s earliest traders are betting millions on the next Zoom for colleges: Built on Natasha’s reporting, we took a uncover at a excellent company that must make Zoom better for the educational environments where it had with out warning taken the center stage. Lecturers need more.
- The predominant rule of BookClub? No tedious book clubs. One more Natasha account this week, this time a few startup that we severely enjoy but can’t protect how its market will be. Mild, the bibliophiles on your lifestyles may maybe perhaps well also aloof read this part and procure hyped about rising procure entry to to authors.
- Robinhood raised $460 million more, extending its preceding $200 million Series G to a $660 million total investment. Chime also added $485 million at a brand current, $14.5 billion valuation. We dug into what’s up with the pair and why they’re elevating so mighty cash.
- The short solution is hella express, leading us to a question and this week’s headline: Why isn’t Robinhood a verb yet?
- Willow, the startup making the wearable breast pump, raises $55 million: Natasha talked us thru one of the points with the phrase femtech, sooner than Danny explained to us the need for what Willow affords. Right here’s to more tech being at possibility of assist more of us at more phases of lifestyles.
- Then we turned to VC media, particularly our notes on a brand current enterprise capital game expose, and, a16z launching a podcast community. We also worked what Casey Newton is as much as into the identical dialog.
Bon voyage for per week, please stay stable and don’t neglect to register to vote.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe